Donnerstag, 12. Februar 2009

Why I love my Prince Charming

This post was inspired by the SWAK Valentine carnival hosted by Kristen {We Are That Family}. Click your way over if you’re up for more love stories.



50 reasons why I love my Prince Charming

  1. He makes me laugh.
  2. He is my best friend.
  3. He is generous.
  4. He cooks me dinner.
  5. He picks me up after I had a girls-night-out whenever and wherever I like.
  6. He sometimes sets a romantic table for me – with roses, candles and napkins and a three course meal.
  7. He buys me flowers regularly.
  8. He can handle me. (And that’s sometimes a real challenge.)
  9. He is honest.
  10. He shares my love of the US (our favorite place for vacations).
  11. He is taking dancing lessons with me.
  12. He is generous.
  13. He doesn’t drink.
  14. Being on a business trip in South America at our last anniversary he asked a friend to buy some red roses and bring them over to our house. Regrettably I was not at home at that time and the friend decided to do the grocery shopping first, and then come back later. We bumped into each other at the parking lot a she gave the flowers and a big hug right there. I had tears in my eyes.
  15. He doesn’t smoke.
  16. He washes my car.
  17. He doesn’t party.
  18. He doesn’t have an expensive hobby.
  19. He doesn’t love his car it is just a commodity. (Even though it’s said that the automobile is the favorite toy / plaything for the Germans)
  20. He isn’t picky about food. (Except for fish and tomatoes)
  21. He is loyal.
  22. He had a bubble bath waiting for me, when I got icy feet from waiting for my delayed tram last winter. (Including candles lit in the bathroom as well as my favorite music playing) – The other day he had to work nightshift while I stayed in town late meeting some of my friends at our Christmas market. I called him up before he left and told him that it was soo cold and I would take a bath first thing coming home. When I came home 2 hours later I found a red rose on each of the steps upstairs (we have 15 steps) and then they continued all the way to the bathroom. He had set up the candles, a glass of champagne, my favorite bath essence and some music. All I had to do was filling the tub and relax (and dry the tears that were running down my cheeks).
  23. He is a handyman.
  24. He built a home for us.
  25. He is ambitious.
  26. He loves his job.
  27. He accepts a challenge.
  28. He learns French.
  29. He is being very helpful.
  30. He is great with people.
  31. He always fills up my windshild washer system.
  32. He takes my out for dinner.
  33. He is my better half.
  34. He is holding my hand while we are taking a walk.
  35. He is making a detour on his way home from work just to buy my favorite cake at the bakery.
  36. He works as a volunteer for our local auxiliary fire brigade as well as for their youth fire brigade since almost 20 years now.
  37. He never argues about finances.
  38. He is mowing the lawn in the summer.
  39. He loves my parents.
  40. He even takes care of our vegetable garden – it was his idea in the first place and I love it.
  41. He is my rock – I can always lean on him.
  42. He can be weak.
  43. He cries when we watch a sentimental movie or TV-show.
  44. He is encouraging.
  45. He is at least a bookworm as I am.
  46. He is romantic.
  47. He for sure knows how to kiss.
  48. He is THE ONE for me.
  49. He promised to always cherish and honor me. (Ohh wait … something missing … to always LOVE and cherish and honor me.) (Sorry Prince just teasing you!)We said our wedding vows all by ourself and Prince Charming was a bit nervous. He started with: I will always cherish and honor you … trailed of, shook his head, mumbled that there was something missing and started all over again this time the “right” way.
  50. He LOVES me dearly.

I am so blessed to be your wife and promise here and now that I will do my utmost to become the wife you absolute deserve. (Which I haven't been during the last year.)

Sending a million hugs and kisses over the ocean. Happy Valentine's day.

PS: I'd love to share a picture of us with you but have to ask the Prince Charming first for his approval.

Kommentare:

Such The Spot hat gesagt…

Well no wonder you were able to come up with 50 things. He *totally* deserves Prince Charming status!

We are THAT Family hat gesagt…

What a great list!

Thanks so much for participating!

Happy Valentine's Day.

Heather hat gesagt…

Oh, how sweet! He certainly gets an A+ for all of his romantic endeavors!

Laura Ingalls Gunn hat gesagt…

I am a bit late in visiting via the SWAK carnival, but what a great post!